Your initial session lasts 90 minutes. We begin with a thorough review of your health history, present health condition, nutrition and lifestyle. This is an important part of your treatment, as many chronic conditions have deep roots in our tissues as well as our daily lifestyle habits and our physical, spiritual and emotional history.
We then commence with an hour long Maya Abdominal Massage Treatment. After the massage, Chaya will go over important dietary and lifestyle changes to integrate into your daily regime.
In the second session, Chaya teaches the Maya Abdominal Massage Self-Care techniques. Here you will learn the massage techniques to apply to your own abdomen. This becomes an important part of your treatment regime. It helps to maintain health, vitality and blood flow to all of the digestive and reproductive organs, softening tension in the belly and cultivating a divine connection with one’s own core.
What to Expect in a Session
- Comprehensive review of your personal health history and current health care needs
- Abdominal massage focused on aligning reproductive and abdominal organs
- Evaluation and application of structural alignment of spine with attention to the sacrum, lumbar and thoracic spine
- Instruction in Self Care Home techniques to enhance your professional treatment session
- Recommendation of complementary modalities:
- Herbal remedies
- Castor oil packs
- Faja (organ support wrap)
- Bajos (traditional vaginal steam bath of the Mayas – pronounced ba-hos)
- Nutritional and or lifestyle education and adaptations