The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal TherapyTM are founded on the ancient Mayan technique of abdominal massage which is an external non-invasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have shifted, restricting the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and chi.
Based on over thirty years of training and experience in massage, naprapathy, herbology, and spiritual healing, Dr. Rosita Arvigo developed these techniques, which now bear her name. This modality incorporates a holistic approach to health care, which including massage, anatomy and physiology, herbology, nutrition, and emotional and spiritual healing.
Dr. Arvigo learned these techniques from her mentor, Don Elijio Panti, the great Maya Shaman of Belize, Central America, with whom she apprenticed for ten years. Don Elijio believed that a woman’s center is her uterus. “If a woman’s uterus is out of balance, so is she,” he would say. Rosita also studied with Hortense Robinson, a 73 year old herbal midwife of Belize who has been delivering babies since she was 13.
Arvigo Techniques of Massage Abdominal Therapy Package Includes:
- 5 one hour bodywork sessions – Each session includes work on the abdomen, as well as work on the lower back, sacrum and tailbone regions, to promote the flow of blood, nerve, lymph, Ch’i and energy to your abdominal and pelvic organs. The overall intention is to help the uterus find Her way back to the optimal position in the pelvis. As a result of the uterine ligaments overstretching or tightening for a variety of reasons, the uterus is often not in the optimal position. Many of the undesirable symptoms we experience around our menstrual cycles, digestion, urination, etc can be relieved by helping the uterus back to her proper alignment.Each hour long session of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy will include hand blended massage oils featuring Young Living Essential Oils, for optimal relaxation and healing. Young Living oils are the only ones approved for internal use. My personal philosophy is that, we should not put anything on our bodies that we cannot put in our bodies. Our skin is our largest organ, and anything we apply to our skin, penetrates into our bodies.
- Faja (Organ Support Wrap) – A faja is a long piece of cloth that is tied around the pelvic region and sacrum to help support the new alignment of the uterus and healing of the ligaments. Your package includes a faja as well as teaching on how to apply your faja.
- Castor Oil Pack Set Up – Castor Oil applied topically is an excellent complementary modality to this work, as it helps to dissipate scar tissue and adhesions from surgeries and past traumas, as well as activating the lymphatic system to eliminate toxins right through the skin. You will receive a castor pack set up to take home with you, as well as teaching on how to apply the castor oil packs to your healing regime.
- Hand blended Self Care Massage Oil – You will receive your own specially blended Self Care Massage Oil containing Young Living Therapeutic Grade Oils. These oils are highly superior to standard essential oils you can purchase in stores and have supreme healing properties.
- Vaginal Steam Bath included in each of last three sessions – I have a set up in my office to offer you Vaginal Steam Baths at the beginning of our sessions. A vaginal steam bath is a Mayan practice that involves sitting over hot steamy water infused with sacred plant medicines. This practice acts as a uterine lavage, clearing old debri, such as old blood from past menstrual cycles that was not able to release itself due to the malpositioned uterus. Steams also soften the uterine tissue supporting conception in women who have been having trouble conceiving. Rosita Arvigo, ND insists that, in the name of health, all women should be steaming. This practice is essential for healthy menses, digestion, postpartum health and urination.
- Comprehensive Health History – In our mainstream health system, most providers look solely at symptoms, ignoring the bigger picture. In our initial session, we will delve into a thorough health history, where you will have the opportunity to share as much or as little information as is comfortable for you. Sometimes old emotional, physical and/or sexual trauma, actually contribute to our overall health, especially in the abdominal and pelvic regions of the body. It can be beneficial to share these old experiences as well as the broad picture and history of your health. Often times giving our old trauma a voice, without giving it too much power, in conjunction with the work we do together, helps the body to heal.
- Diet and Lifestyle Coaching – After our session, we will briefly check in about small, doable steps you can take within your diet and lifestyle to improve your health and well-being. Our eating habits and patterns are woven so deeply into our health, how we feel about ourselves and our bodies. Looking at these patterns with love, and without shame, often is instrumental in our path to healing.
- Movement Practices – Drawing from my experience as a bellydancer and yogi, I will share suggestions about movement exercises you can practice at home to aid in your healing process. We will specifically focus on movements that target the abdominal region, to enhance the flow of blood, nerve, lymph and ch’I in this area of the body.
Total cost: $ 613 (valued at $650)
Can be paid in total at first session
or in 3 installments of $208
Sessions must be used within 6 months, no refunds available after 6 months